This session was Chaired by Ian Dickie, Director of eftec.
Natural capital accounting processes are an emerging application of environmental economics. But what are we trying to achieve by using them? In this session we considered what society aims to measure better using natural capital accounting, the recent progress in establishing methods, and how these are being taken forward in the UK and Europe.
The following panel members brought a wide range of perspectives to this topic, which was followed by the discussion of audience questions:
- Giles Atkinson, Environmental Policy, London School of Economics
- Robert Hall, Federated Hermes
- Carl Obst, Institute for the Development of Environmental-Economic Accounting
- Ece Ozdemiroglu, eftec
- Alessandra La Notte, European Commission Joint Research Centre
- Rocky Harris, Natural Capital Accounts, Defra
To gain access to the recording of this session, you can join UKNEE here.