Contract: 1-6 months (flexible - part time or full time)
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Economics for the Environment Consultancy Ltd (www.eftec.co.uk) is the UK's leading consultancy specialising in environmental economics. We are an independent company of people who want to use economic analysis to make a positive difference in the way decisions are made. If you are interested in applying environmental economics to real world problems, this is an ideal opportunity for you.
We specialise in analytical tools, rather than sectors or resources, and enjoy applying economics thinking to different contexts including: natural capital, biodiversity and ecosystem services; health risks and impacts; economic and environmental management of chemicals; water and wastewater; agriculture, forestry and transport sectors; and addressing cross cutting challenges like rural land-use; flood-risk management; and designing and maintaining green infrastructure. Our clients include private, public and third sector organisations working in all aspects of the natural environment.
We are looking to ideally recruit an economist to join our in-house team (central London office) as an intern who will provide support across a variety of projects. However, we are also open to recruiting a postgraduate who has studied modules relevant to environmental economics or health impact assessments. You will provide preliminary support to our consultants with research, data gathering, data collection, statistical analysis, proof reading and stakeholder engagement. We are looking for strong numerical, analytical and communication skills. You will be a highly motivated team player, flexible and willing to carry out instructions from your fellow peers.
Essential skills include:
- An undergraduate degree in Economics or postgraduate who has studied modules relevant to environmental economics or health impact assessments;
- The ability to write and communicate in English to a high standard; and
- Strong organisational skills, with an ability to prioritise tasks.
Desirable skills include:
- A postgraduate degree in a relevant subject (e.g. environmental economics);
- An ability to work in other EU languages;
- Relevant work experience in environmental and regulatory economics; and
- Knowledge of environmental issues and policy in the UK and EU
Interested individuals should submit their CV and a cover letter - stating to which extent they meet the essential and desirable skills - to Ms Siegi Arndt as soon as possible. We will only be able to review applications for candidates meeting the essential criteria.
write to: eftec, 3rd Floor, 4 City Road, London EC1Y 2AA