Contract: 11 months (full time)
Salary: £23-25k per annum pro rata, depending on experience
Deadline: 30 April 2019
Economics for the Environment Consultancy Ltd (www.eftec.co.uk) is the UK's leading consultancy specialising in environmental economics. We are an independent company of people who want to use economic analysis to make a positive difference in the way decisions are made. If you are interested in applying environmental economics to real world problems, this is an ideal opportunity for you.
We specialise in analytical tools, rather than sectors or resources, and enjoy applying economics thinking to different contexts including: natural capital, biodiversity and ecosystem services; health risks and impacts; economic and environmental management of chemicals; water and wastewater; agriculture, forestry and transport sectors; and addressing cross cutting challenges like land-use; flood-risk management; and investing in green infrastructure. Our clients include private, public and third sector organisations working in all aspects of the natural environment.
We are looking to recruit an economist to join our in-house team (central London office) as a Researcher who will provide support across a variety of projects. However, we are also open to recruiting a postgraduate who has studied modules relevant to environmental economics or health impact assessments. You will work with other researchers to support our consultants and directors, undertake research, assess the impacts of policies; undertake statistical analysis, stakeholder engagement, and contribute to writing reports and proposals.
We are looking for strong numerical, analytical and communication skills, as well as the ability to express complex ideas simply and logically. You will be a highly motivated team player, flexible and willing to take responsibility. You must have interest in and knowledge of environmental issues and policy in the UK and EU.
Essential skills include:
- An undergraduate degree in Economics or a postgraduate degree with modules relevant to environmental economics or health impact assessments;
- The ability to write and communicate in English to a high standard; and
- Strong organisational skills, with an ability to prioritise tasks.
Desirable skills include:
- A postgraduate degree in a relevant subject (e.g. environmental economics);
- Working knowledge of statistics and econometrics;
- An ability to work in other EU languages; and
- Relevant work experience in environmental and regulatory economics.
- A flexible and friendly work environment;
- Competitive salary and a profit-based bonus scheme;
- Contribution to stakeholder pension;
- 25 days’ annual leave per annum plus the UK public holidays;
- Access to cutting edge academic, policy and business developments in environmental economics through our specialist network; and
- Opportunity to take a stake in an independent business and its development.
Interested individuals should submit their cover letter, CV and a short sample of their writing to Ms Siegi Arndt as soon as possible and no later than 30th April 2019. Applicants should include in their cover letter to what extent they meet these essential and desirable skills. Applications failing to meet the essential criteria may not be responded to.
This call is open to those who already have the right to work in the UK.
write to: eftec, 3rd Floor, 4 City Road, London EC1Y 2AA