Contract: Full time
Positions & salaries:
- Researcher £23k - £25k pa
- Consultant £27k - £33k pa
- Senior Consultant £35k - £50k pa
eftec is growing, successfully building on three decades’ of pioneering work and responding to increased demand for sound and clear environmental economics. We are always looking for talented environmental economists to join our team in this exciting time for the discipline – economists with strong, numerical, analytical and communication skills, who share our values and commitment.
At eftec, you will:
- be part of a friendly team of smart people committed to putting economics to good use;
- support clients in public, private and non-governmental organisations who are responding to the climate and nature crises;
- get a chance to put all of the economic analysis tools you’ve learnt about into practice across a wide variety of issues from reducing chemicals risks on human health and nature, to managing our impacts and dependencies on water, land, biodiversity, from green finance for Net Zero, Biodiversity Net Gain, to adaptation to climate change and natural capital accounting and much more;
- work at different levels of decision making from advising Ministers and Board Members to people who make change happen on the ground in the UK and elsewhere; and
- contribute to the management and growth of eftec.
What we’re looking for from you:
- BA/BSc or MSc/MA in Economics or Environmental Economics and/or another degree with a core component of economic analysis (such as health and industrial economics or finance);
- Relevant experience of applying economics for decision-making (in policy, consultancy or business):
- Up to 3 years for Researchers
- 3-5 years for Consultants
- 5+ years for Senior Consultants
- Familiarity with UK / international environment and climate policies and regulations;
- Experience in project management and managing small teams, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Desirable qualities include:
- An ability to work in other European languages;
- Consultancy experience in any or all of the six service areas of eftec;
- Managing multiple projects and teams simultaneously;
- Extensive work experience on environmental issues and policy in the UK and the EU;
- Working knowledge of econometric analysis – and interpretation of results for non-technical audiences;
- Contribution to strategic decision-making within a consultancy/department; and
- Supporting the development of junior staff.
What eftec can offer you:
- A flexible and friendly work environment;
- Competitive salary and a profit-share scheme;
- Contribution to workplace pension;
- Annual leave (in addition to UK public holidays):
- 25 days for Researchers
- 25 days, increasing by 1 day for each year at eftec to a maximum of 30 days for Consultants
- 30 days for Senior Consultants
- Access to cutting edge academic, policy and business developments in environmental economics through our specialist network; and
- Opportunity to take a stake in an independent business and its development.
If you’re interested in joining our team, submit a cover letter, CV and a short sample of your writing to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Your cover letter must state for which position you are applying, and to what extent you meet the essential and desirable criteria for that position.
eftec is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.